Sunday, July 24, 2016

Super Saturday Worshop Success!

Super Saturday Workshop Success!

There is nothing but fun in store when a group of quilters spend the day stitching together! Such was the case this past Saturday at EllaKate's Quilt Shoppe.
 
My unfinished "Tall Trim the Tree"  was the center of attention and served as inspiration for everyone as we began our Saturday project. I love these green fabrics. They blend perfectly to create the feel of a Christmas Tree.
The challenge was to master the art of paper piecing. We laughed at each other more times than I can count as we plowed through the task at hand. 
As others worked on their tree I moved on to the ornaments. I love how this little Log Cabin block turned out.
So on Sunday evening I just had to slip into my quilting studio and stitch up another one of these little beauties. This time it was the Churn Dash block. The ornaments are only about three square inches in size and will be perfect for our Christmas tree!
Once the tree is quilted I will add the red buttons to the tree so I can hang the ornaments. 

This complete project is available from EllaKate's and will be posted in the KIT Section of the website in the near future. 

OK, enough playing for me. It's time to say goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment